Makeup, Fashion, Hair...from my multicultural point of view..

Friday, June 29, 2012

L.A. COLORS JUMBO EYE PENCIL REVIEW...

So thanks to my makeup colleague Rachel Wright I discovered the LA Colours Jumbo Eye Pencil over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised...



Unlike other pencils that had more of a waxy texture, this product was extremely creamy and glided on with ease. Blending is no problem whether you are using your fingers or a brush..You may have to watch out for creasing and so I would suggest a primer..


 Also what I love about this product is the fact that there is a "wet" appearance when applied and so creates a very dark, sultry, smokey eye and so this is what we used primarily to achieve the look for San Fernando fashion week and it definitely made our work wayyyyy easier..



..This eye pencil can also be used as a base for your eyeshadow pigments because of its consistency....oohh and not forgetting, there are about 24 different colours....***.eeeeppppp**

For just TT$10 at Wonderful World you can't go wrong with this product....For my readers in the US you can purchase online at Makeup Alley, or Cherry Culture, or just check your local Sally's, Target or Ulta stores....

2 comments:

  1. I've always wondered about cream eye pencils or cream eye shadows... I really like them, especially the eye shadows but sometimes I wonder if it's frowned upon? Cuz I know some people have a thing against using cream eye shadows, saying it creases, so it's a no-no to use, etc etc but I guess as you said, once you apply a primer underneath, you're good to go. I've used cream eye pencils before, but at the time I wasnt fully aware of how to use it properly. After using the L.A pencils on the models, would u say that the look lasted the entire night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL no cream eyeshadows are not frowned upon at all and yes it would crease depending on the skin type..so definitely will not use it on mature skin...applying primer does help..what we ended up doing on some of the models was use black matte pigment over the pencil to help avoid the creasing and yes it lasted on most of the models most of the night, but then the conditions were a bit extreme so yes for someone wearing it on a day to day basis it should last..

      Delete